SUMMER WORKSHOPS 2022
Everything You Need to Know!
July 18 - 21
July 25 - 28
- Seattle (SEATAC)
- Everett (Paine Field)
Take Interstate5 to EXIT 212. (You will see signs directing you to Stanwood and Camano Island.) Turn LEFT at the lights (towards Stanwood) and then go straight for several miles. When you see the McDonald’s on your left you are in Stanwood. There is also a huge high school on your right.
PLACES TO STAY
● Mount Vernon (north)
● La Conner (north)
● Arlington (south)
● Silvana (south)
You may want to check out the hotels in Mount Vernon (this is north on I5 and there is generally less traffic heading north, compared to south). If you are interested in renting a larger AirBnb with a group let us know and we can work on that together if there are enough people interested.
- Lake Martha Cottage (AirBnb) - Stanwood. Jed met the owners in the summer of 2018 (Stephanie and Jason.) www.airbnb.com/rooms/22515523
- Utsalady Bungalow (AirBnb) - A workshop participant from a previous workshop recommended this Airbnb. Iit is located right on the water. Note: Would not be good for someone with mobility issues because of the bathroom access. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19470544
- Cama Beach Cabins - These are cute, rustic cabins right next to the water. Cama Beach State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Camano Island Inn - Right on the island. Camano Island Inn WA | Inn. A higher end option.
- Sea Mist Waterfront Inn - Tom and Brenda Mueller. https://www.seamistwaterfrontinn.com/. Also s higher end option on Camano Island.
- Angel of the Winds, Hotel and Casino - Arlington, WA
- Best Western Plus Hotel - Arlington, Wa
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Marysville, WA
- Stanwood Hotel & Saloon - Stanwood, WA
- Tulalip Resort Hotel & Casino - Marysville, WA
- Wyndham Garden - Arlington, WA
FOOD & DINING
● Thurs, July 21st for Workshop #1
● Thurs, July 28th for Workshop #2
The cost for dinner is not included in the workshop.
There is one grocery store on Camano Island but more store options in Stanwood. If you are staying in a bigger area like Mount Vernon there are many options for stores and restaurants.
SEEING THE AREA
- Iverson Beach - Close to the workshop location. This is our favorite. It is the sandiest (sometimes muddy) and the tide is always changing the landscape. There is a beautiful view of the mountains, lots of driftwood, and a short hike including Hobbit Trail.
- Barnum Point - Also close to the workshop location. Great walking trails through the woods and overlooking the water. If you are ambitious go down the big hill to the beach. It’s rocky but still a great place to hang out in the summer. You may see some seals out in the water.
- English Boom - Small but nice beach with walking trails through the grasses.
- Camano Island State Park - On the south end of Camano Island. Some walking trails and huge, rocky beach area with picnic tables.
- Cama Beach State Park - Also on the south end of Camano Island and very close to Camano Island State Park. There is a nice cafe here overlooking the water and an area to hang out by the water (near the rustic cabins mentioned above). There are also some hiking trails.
● Fri, July 22nd for Workshop #1
● Fri, July 29 for Workshop #2
The cost for lunch is not included in the workshop. This morning is optional.
Cancellation Policy: If you cannot attend this workshop, our cancellation policy is a 90% refund up to and including 30 days before the workshop starts. No refunds for cancellations 29 days or less prior to the start of the workshop.
If you have any questions email us at [email protected]. We are so excited that you are coming!